DC Entertainment created DC Universe as a community for their hard core fans. To launch this new fan initiative DC Entertainment developed a competition, which they planned on promoting using video, as the key medium. The competition featured a money can’t buy prize, which included the chance to ride in the BatMobile and experience an Exclusive BatMan Studio Tour in LA.
Having developed the promotional video, DC Entertainment engaged Playable to maximise audience engagement and sign ups to the community.
Playable enabled DC Universe to edit, embed and send a 10 second clip of their promotional video within their campaign, set up in SalesForce Marketing Cloud. This campaign was then sent to segments of the Warner Bros Movies list which had opted in to receive DC Entertainment related communications.
The campaign delivered a highly immersive autoplay video experience at the moment of opening the email, successfully engaging email recipients and driving many to click through to watch the full video, and go on to sign up to the DC Universe.
“Leveraging the learnings from over 100 video email campaigns for Warner Bros. we knew that keeping the text component of the email brief and focussing on the 10 second video tease, would drive the maximum impact for this new launch,” said Bob Hitching, CEO of Playable. “The 10 second edit of the video was close to the perfect video email content, with instantly recognisable iconic DC characters working in combination with the chance to win a money can’t buy, DC Universe experience”.
- Client: DC Entertainment
- Campaign: Launch of DC Universe
- ESP: SalesForce Marketing Cloud
- Video Email Content: 10 second edit with animated text overlays, featuring promo details and call to action
- Audience: Opt ins to DC Entertainment communications
- Objective: Acquire sign ups to the DC Universe community
- Campaign Execution: Set-up and deployed by DC Entertainment Marketing team
- Landing Page: DC Universe
- Simple to edit and add the video to the email with the SalesForce “point and click” integration
- A high quality video experience was delivered to 100% of the email audience
- Response rates exceeded expectations and delivered the targeted number of sign ups
- Click Through Rate (%) 12%
- % of respondents who watched the video in full 63%
About DC Entertainment
DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is one of the largest English-language publisher of comics in the world.