How to add a video to ActiveCampaign email campaigns
In this tutorial you will learn how to create, add and send an ActiveCampaign Video Email, that plays automatically at the moment of opening.
- Use any video format – be it a YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook video or an MP4 file sitting on your desktop, all can be added to ActiveCampaign email
- Works on all devices and email clients – video mail that works on all devices, all connection types and all email clients with zero impact on email delivery rates.
Get Started for Free - No credit card required
You can get started with Playable for free, our 30 day free trial includes:
- Full access to the Playable platform – to create and publish your videos
- Free Video Plays – 1,000 videos Plays
- Copy and Paste Integration – to make adding videos to your ActiveCampaign templates, simple quick and easy
Step by Step guide on how to add video to ActiveCampaign emails
1. Create a new email in ActiveCampaign
At the design phase of the campaign set up we choose our template, mindful that we will be adding video content to this.
We have selected the Welcome Template with the intention of adding our video content below the header panel.
Once we select the template we are prompted to add a Subject line in the Senders Details.
2. Add a HTML block
We note that the template is 650 wide, we will need this dimension when creating our video content.
3. Create your video content
We are now ready to commence creating our Video content which will replace the image noted above in step 2.
If you are new to Playable you can create a new account. All new accounts are offered the opportunity to test drive the platform with 1,000 free plays.
Once you are logged in you will see our Welcome page, click “Videos” to continue.
4. Create your Video Content
To create your video clip, click the Add Video button at the head of the page.
5. Video set up and upload
Enter a Video Title for the Video you are creating, this will help identify the Video later in Reporting.
Check the dimensions of your video, these should be set to ensure your video fits within your template, we are using the width of the template we selected which is 650, so we change this.
You have the option to disable looping, this will see the video play once and then stop on the end frame, we are opting to loop the video, so we don’t check the box.
We now move to uploading our video content, we have 2 options, today we will be using option 1:
- Copy and paste a URL of the location of your content – Playable accepts content from all the major hosting platforms including You Tube, Vimeo, Brightcove, Wistia, Facebook and Instagram.
- File Upload – Upload a file from your computer – all video file formats are accepted including mp4, avi, mov and flv.
Once you have selected your video click the “Apply” button to upload your video file.
6. Edit your Video
Your video is now ready for editing. Our editor is designed to enable you to create a 10 second video clip from the full-length video you uploaded. It is this 10 second video clip that will be published in your video email. In the editor you can crop the video to focus on your key content and select multiple clips to make up the 10 seconds.
As you are creating your video clip the editor will show you the duration of each section and allow you to preview the edit and re-edit until you are happy with your final cut. For a full preview of our editor features visit our Editor Page
To ensure your video fits perfectly into the allocated spot of your email template you can select the width and height that you’d like the final video to be published at. Once you have your final cut click “Continue”.
7. Enhance your Video Email
You are now ready to add any enhancements to your video clip including captions, a watermark, endcard or footer. Simply select the enhancements you wish to add and follow the onscreen prompts to add your chosen enhancements.
You now have completed creating your video clip so click the “Compile” button.
Playable now compiles this video email creating over a hundred versions of the video which will be used to ensure each recipient receives the video file most suitable for their device, bandwidth and connection.
8. Add a Click Action to your Video Clip
This click action can either open a URL or continue to play the video and audio on the device, having selected the option you will then need to add the details to support this and finally click the “Apply” button.
9. Preview and sample your Video email content
You can add a message at the head of these emails if you wish, this can be useful when you are circulating for internal feedback. Once you are happy with the sample click “Embed” in the left hand navigation bar.
10. Video Email has been created
Your video email has been successfully compiled so now it’s time to start thinking about adding the video to your email template.
Select ActiveCampaign as the email platform that you are using to send your campaign from the drop down options.
11. Copy the Playable HTML snippet
To do this Click the Copy to clipboard button in the top right hand corner of the pane where the HTML code is shown.
12. Embed the Playable video into Active Campaign
We can now see our video clip embedded within our ActiveCampaign email template
13. Test and Send your Video Email
To send your video email continue to test and send your campaign in the normal way.
Remember you have 1,000 Free plays included to help you test drive Playable each month, once these 1,000 plays have been used the video will be replaced by a static image, until further plays have been purchased by visiting our Pricing Page.