How to embed video in Rejoiner email campaigns
- Video Email by Playable plays automatically at the moment the email is opened.
- Use any video format, be it a YouTube Vimeo, Facebook video or an MP4 file sitting on your desktop, all can be added to Rejoiner emails
- Video emails by Playable are mobile, tablet and desktop friendly and have zero impact on email delivery rates.
To experience Video Email in your inbox check out the campaigns at the foot of the page.
Get started for Free - No credit card required
- Full access to the Playable platform – to create and publish your videos
- Free Video Plays – 1,000 videos Plays per month
- Copy & Paste Integration with Iterable – to make adding videos to your Rejoiner email, simple quick and easy
Step by Step guide on how to add video to Rejoiner email templates
1. Log into your Rejoiner account
- Set up your campaign in the normal way
- When designing your Creative, select the “Drag and Drop Builder”.
2. Email Design
In the right hand side menu select Blocks now drag a HTML Block into your template in the position where you wish the video to be featured, continue to edit the campaign as necessary.
When you’re done, click Save Creative.
Creating your video in PlayableThe next steps will guide you through how to create your video clip and then finally how to add this to your Iterable email template.
3. Create your Playable Account
If you are new to Playable you can create a new account. All new accounts are offered the opportunity to test drive the platform with 1,000 free plays per month.
You can upgrade your plan or purchase extra plays as needed.
4. Your Playable Account
This is the home page of your new Playable Account.
To create a new video email click “Videos“
5. Add a new video
6. Video title and content upload
Enter a Video Title for the Video you are creating, this will help identify the Video in reporting. You have 2 options on how to upload your video content to Playable:
- URL – Copy and paste a URL of the location of your content. Playable accepts content from all the major hosting platforms including YouTube, Vimeo, Brightcove, Wista, facebook and Instagram.
- File Upload – Upload a file from your computer – all video file formats are accepted including MP4, avi, mov and flv.
Once you have selected your video content you have the option to set the size of your video clip which will be embedded within your Rejoiner template. For the video clip to fit the full width of your Rejoiner template you should enter 600px as your width. Once you have selected your video content and selected the dimensions click the “Apply” button to upload your video file.
7. Automatic video edit
If you wish to use the clip created by Playable click the “Click Action” menu item to continue. If you’d prefer to create your own video clip proceed to the “Editor” menu item.
8. Edit your Video
Our editor is designed to enable you to create a 10 second video from the full-length video you uploaded.
It is this 10 second video email that will be published in your video email. In the editor you can crop the video to focus on your key content and select multiple clips to make up the 10 seconds.
As you are creating your video email the editor will show you the duration of each clip and allow you to preview the edit and re edit until you are happy with your final cut.
For a full preview of our editor features visit our Editor Page. Once you have your final cut click “Continue”
9. Enhance your Video Email
You are now ready to add any enhancements to your video email including captions, a watermark, end card or footer. Simply select the enhancements you wish to add and follow the onscreen prompts to add your chosen enhancements.
You can also add a link to where any clickers on the video should be re directed, this will generally be the page where the hull video is hosted.
You now have completed creating your video email so click the Compile button.
Playable now compiles this video email into over a hundred versions which will be used to ensure each recipient is delivered the video file most suitable for their device, bandwidth and connection.
If you wish a click on the video clip to redirect the viewer to a URL you will need to enter this URL into the “Click Action” field.
11. Preview your Video
As a further check you have the ability to send yourself and your colleagues a sample of the video clip, which will be embedded within your Iterable email.
Simply complete the form fields and click the Send button.
12. Embed your Video Email
We are now ready to embed the video within our Rejoiner email template.
To commence this we click “Embed“. Here we select Rejoiner, then click the Button, “Copy to Clipboard“.
It is this HTML which we will add to our Rejoiner template.
13. Paste the Playable HTML into your Rejoiner email
We now return to Rejoiner and paste the HTML from our clipboard into the HTML Block we set up earlier, we then Save Creative and we can now see the video within our template.
Proceed to test and send your campaign in the normal way.