How to embed video in MailerLite email campaigns
- The video opposite walks through how to add video to MailerLite email
- Use any video format, be it a YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook video or an MP4 file sitting on your desktop, all can be added to MailerLite email
- Video emails by Playable are mobile, tablet and desktop friendly and have zero impact on email delivery rates.
To experience Video Email in your inbox check out the campaigns at the foot of the page.
Get Started for Free - No credit card required
You can get started with Playable for free, our 30 day free trial offers you:
- Full access to the Playable platform – to create and publish your videos
- Free Video Plays – 1,000 videos Plays per month
- Copy & Paste Integration with MailerLite – to make adding videos to your MailerLite templates, simple quick and easy
Step by Step guide on how to add video to MailerLite email templates
1. Log into your MailerLite account
Log in and proceed to create a new Regular Campaign.
Complete the campaign details and name the campaign, we have named ours “Playable Tutorial“.
Finally click “New Content“
2. Email Design
You are now in the Drag and Drop editor with your selected template shown. From the Block menu select “Special” and from this menu select the “Code” block.
3. Drag the Code Block into your Template
This “Code” Block will be used to add your video to your template, so drag it into your template into position where you want your video content to be featured.
Proceed to complete the creation of your content and when finished click the “Done Editing” button at the top right hand corner of the screen.
Creating your Video in PlayableThe next steps will guide you through how to create your video clip and then finally how to add this to your MailerLite email template.
4. Create your Playable Account
If you are new to Playable you can create a new account. All new accounts are offered the opportunity to test drive the platform with 1,000 free plays per month.
You can upgrade your plan or purchase extra plays as needed.
5. Your Playable Account
This is the home page of your new Playable Account.
To create a new video email click “Videos“
6. Add a new video
7. Video title and content upload
Enter a Video Title for the Video you are creating, this will help identify the Video in reporting. You have 2 options on how to upload your video content to Playable:
- URL – Copy and paste a URL of the location of your content. Playable accepts content from all the major hosting platforms including YouTube, Vimeo, Brightcove, Wista, facebook and Instagram.
- File Upload – Upload a file from your computer – all video file formats are accepted including MP4, avi, mov and flv.
Once you have selected your video content you have the option to set the size of your video clip which will be embedded within your MailerLite template. For the video clip to fit the full width of your MailerLite template you should enter 600px as your width. Once you have selected your video content and selected the dimensions click the “Apply” button to upload your video file.
8. Automatic video edit
If you wish to use the clip created by Playable click the “Click Action” menu item to continue. If you’d prefer to create your own video clip proceed to the “Editor” menu item.
9. Edit your Video
Our editor is designed to enable you to create a 10 second video from the full-length video you uploaded.
It is this 10 second video email that will be published in your video email. In the editor you can crop the video to focus on your key content and select multiple clips to make up the 10 seconds.
As you are creating your video email the editor will show you the duration of each clip and allow you to preview the edit and re edit until you are happy with your final cut.
For a full preview of our editor features visit our Editor Page. Once you have your final cut click “Continue”
10. Enhance your Video Email
You are now ready to add any enhancements to your video email including captions, a watermark, end card or footer. Simply select the enhancements you wish to add and follow the onscreen prompts to add your chosen enhancements.
You can also add a link to where any clickers on the video should be re directed, this will generally be the page where the hull video is hosted. You now have completed creating your video email so click the Compile button.
Playable now compiles this video email into over a hundred versions which will be used to ensure each recipient is delivered the video file most suitable for their device, bandwidth and connection.
If you wish a click on the video clip to redirect the viewer to a URL you will need to enter this URL into the “Click Action” field.
12. Preview your Video
As a further check you have the ability to send yourself and your colleagues a sample of the video clip, which will be embedded within your MailerLite email.
Simply complete the form fields and click the Send button.
13. Embed your Video Email
We are now ready to embed the video within our MailerLite email template.
To commence this we click “Embed“. Here we select MailerLite , then click the Button, “Copy to Clipboard“.
It is this HTML which we will add to our MailerLite template.
14. Paste the Playable HTML into the mailerLite Code Block
We now return to MailerLite and paste the HTML from our clipboard into the “Code” block we set up earlier, we then Save the mailing.
15. Preview your Video Email & prepare to send
Finally we proceed to test and send the campaign in the normal way.